You are here
Meeting Information Guide
How and when can the public participate in the meeting?
When can I speak at a Board meeting?
There are basically two opportunities for public comment-during the Oral Communications section of the agenda for comments on items not included on the agenda and during the specified public comment period for each particular item on the agenda item.
Can I speak about anything during the meetings?
In an effort to remain on task, the public may only speak about a particular item when the Board has opened it for public comment. The public may speak about items not on the agenda during the Oral Communications section. Generally, public comment is limited to two (2) minutes.
How do I address the Board?
- Complete a Speaker's Slip before the start of the meeting. This slip will let the Board know you would like to speak on a particular issue or during Oral Communications.
- Drop your completed slip in the Speaker's Slip Box located infront of the Clerk's desk. If possible submit your slip before the start of the meeting. Avoid submitting your slip to the Clerk of the Board. A speaker will not be called to comment on an issue that the Board has already addressed.
- Once you have submitted a Speaker's Slip, carefully follow the Board meeting and listen for your name during the appropriate time. When your name is called please walk to the podium.
- At the podium, state your name and organization affiliation for the Board.
- If you would like to provide written materials to the Board please hand those copies to the Clerk for distribution
- To ensure that all interested parties have an opportunity to speak, please be brief and limit your comments to the specific subject under discussion, or, if under Oral Communications, to one topic.
How can I purchase a DVD of the Board of Supervisor's meeting?
DVDs of the Board of Supervisor's meetings are available for purchase in the Clerk of the Board's Office for $1.00 per DVD. To obtain DVDs of any Board of Supervisors meeting contact the Agenda Administrator at (650) 363-1802. Please allow ten (10) days for copying.