District 4: Warren Slocum
A LOCAL VOICE FOR DISTRICT 4 ;
A STRONG LEADER FOR THE COUNTY
SUPERVISOR WARREN SLOCUM PRESIDENT, BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
As a San Mateo County Supervisor, I am working on many fronts to fix community problems and improve the quality of life for the people in the 4thDistrict and the county as a whole. I want to make sure that the Peninsula continues to be a great place to live, work and play – and raise a family!
Working with colleagues, community leaders and staff, I am focused on ways to:
- Increase the number of affordable housing units and reduce homelessness
- Improve our parks and strengthen the Parks Department
- Seek transportation alternatives to ease traffic flow and improve/restore the Dumbarton Rail Corridor
- Support our veterans and put an end to veterans homelessness
- Improve programs and facilities for the mentally ill
- Pursue innovative programs designed to close the gap of growing inequality
- Provide education and enrichment for youth
One of my top priorities is the successful implementation of the Community Plan for the North Fair Oaks Community (the first update in 35 years), transparency in government and technology improvement initiatives.
As a Supervisor, I welcome your ideas, questions and comments. I hope to hear from you as we tackle with the issues before us—whether it’s the implementation of the North Fair Oaks community plan, the work of the Closing the Jobs/Housing Gap Task Force, pushing for new transit solutions for Hwy. 101 and the Dumbarton Rail Corridor, and asking for an extension of the sales tax measure to support the development of affordable housing, literacy levels in our school children, sustainability efforts, the working plan for the Arts Council, or something altogether new. Just know - whatever the issue, my door is always open.
If I can ever be of assistance, please feel free to contact me. I can be reached at (650) 363-4570 or you can email me at email@example.com.